WE STAND BY…
- Our Great Confession
- “Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16).
- Our Great Commandment
- “And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind” (Matthew 22:37)
- Our Great Commission
- “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Our Great Commitments
I commit to promoting the spiritual health of my family.
- By regular attendance (Acts 20:7; Hebrews 10:25).
- By teaching my children spiritual truths (Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Ephesians 6:4).
- By living a life of purity (Matthew 5:8; I Timothy 5:22).
- By keeping my commitments (Psalms 15; Matthew 5:37).
- By spending time with my family (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Ephesians 5:22-6:4).
I commit to promoting the spiritual health of this local body.
- By walking together in Christian love (Ephesians 5:1-2; 1 Peter 4:8).
- By continually striving to be more like Jesus in my life (I Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 5:1).
- By encouraging others to grow in their spiritual lives (Ephesians 4:11-16; Hebrews 10:24).
- By giving of myself and using my God-given spiritual gift(s) for the benefit of the body (Romans 12:1-7; I Corinthians 12-14; Ephesians 4:1-6).
- By giving of my financial resources regularly as God blesses me (Proverbs 3:9-10; I Corinthians 16:1-2; I Corinthians 9:6-15).
I commit to promoting unity in the church and the body of Christ.
- By loving one another (John 13:34-35; I John 4:7-8).
- By praying for one another (Ephesians 6:18; I Timothy. 1:3; James 5:13-14).
- By letting no unwholesome talk come out of my mouth, but only what helps build others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen (Ephesians 4:29).
- By being slow to take offense but quick to reconcile (Matthew. 18:15-20; I Corinthians 13:1).
- By supporting and praying for the leadership (I Thessalonians 5:12-13; I Timothy. 5:17; Hebrews 13:17).
- By resolving disagreements in accordance with scripture (Romans 14:19; I Corinthians 6:1-8).
I commit to promoting the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- By sharing Christ personally (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15).
- By inviting my friends and others to church. (John 1:40-42a; I Corinthians 14:23-25; and others)
- By supporting outreach events (Acts 2-3),
- By supporting our missionaries. (Romans 10:15; Philippians 4:10-16).
- By living my life such that God’s love is seen through me. (Matthew. 5:16; John 13:34-35).
HOW MAY I BECOME A MEMBER?
By Profession of Faith and Baptism
If you received God’s free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ and follow Him in baptism by immersion, we welcome you into membership.
By Transfer of Letter
If you come from another church of life faith and practice and believe God has added you to this local body, we welcome you. We will gladly send a letter to transfer your membership.
By Statement of Faith
If you do not have an active membership in another church but have trusted Christ as your Savior and followed Him in baptism by immersion, we welcome you on the basis of this testimony.
If you have accepted Christ as your Savior but have not followed Him in baptism by immersion, upon your statement of faith we will lead you in baptism and welcome you into our membership.
By Student Membership
If you are temporarily located in our area and wish to continue your membership in your home church, you may become a student member. You have all the privileges of full membership except voting.